The ERRE studio team - who manufacture each garment from scratch in our Pretoria studio. From left to right: Natasha, Margaret, Thabang, Phonix, Tanya and Carina.
Giving women a sense of power through the way they dress
ERRE is a South African womenswear brand established in 2013 by design duo Carina Louw and Natasha Jaume.
With a firm belief in the transformative nature of power dressing, ERRE (pronounced ‘air’) creates beautifully made trans-seasonal pieces that effortlessly meets the needs of a multifaceted lifestyle.
With a clientele of highly empowered women such as actress Terry Pheto and Princess Charlene of Monaco, the label designs with an emphasis on powerful silhouettes and classic, figure-flattering styles. ERRE has formed a solid reputation for their refined power-dressing silhouettes that effortlessly envelope all body shapes and sizes.
The luxury brand is also a sterling ambassador for locally sourced Mohair, a signature of their seasonal offerings. The designers explain: “Mohair is used by many of the top brands worldwide, but few know it originates in South Africa. We want to remind the world that not only does South Africa have a wealth of talent, but it also has desirable resources that are sustainable. When we make products using mohair it creates more local jobs, and this feeds back into the fashion industry and the economy.” With all garments designed and manufactured locally, ERRE provides employment to a diverse team of dedicated women and has grown a sustainable business that supplies boutiques and online stores across Southern Africa.
When clothing is beautifully made and timeless it will never be thrown away.
- Finalist in the Renault New Talent Search at SA Fashion Week 2013 and launch of the brand.
- A | W 2014 finale dress nominated for Design lndaba’s Most Beautiful Object in South Africa.
- Dressing Terry Pheto at the 2015 International Emmy Awards.
- Conceptualising the Myri Dress that will become one of ERRE’s classic bestsellers.
- Invited to attend Berlin Fashion Week July 2017 by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
- Invited to show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia in Moscow March 2018.
- Dressing HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco for the cover of Rooi Rose magazine June 2018 issue.
- Invited to Monaco by HSH Princess Charlene to consult with her.
- Winners of the 2018 SAFW Cape Wools Designer Challenge. Attended the making it in Textiles conference London as guest of Cape Wools SA.
- Invited to show at Mozambique Fashion Week in December 2018.
- Stocking prominent boutiques and online retailers in Southern Africa
- First ERRE Store opened in Pretoria in February 2020
- Collaborated with ECG Medical Clothing and fellow South African fashion brands to manufacture PPE during level 4 and 5 of the Covid-19 lockdown period in South Africa.
- Invited to show at the inaugural Africa Fashion UP Awards in Paris September 2021
- Attended masterclasses with Balenciaga at Kering Group headquarters in Paris September 2021
- Participated in a 6-month mentorship with Balenciaga’s Global Sustainability Director, Annika Storfält.
- Twyg Sustainable Fashion Award Finalist in the Trans- Seasonal Award Category. This award recognises quality design that aspires to be timeless and is made to last.
- Showed 16th collection at SA Fashion Week in October 2022.
Shop U73 Sandton City
The BEST of African fashion and accessories.
Facing Mugg and Bean and a short stroll from the Diamond Walk
Menlyn Mall, Shop LF109
Shop U6, Mall of the North
Tel: 015 265 1026